April 1st 2020
Exams to be performed in case of infertility
Main exams to be performed before an ART technique (IVF or others)
A clinical examination is always essential, depending on the context a minimum assessment is advised.
For the woman :
- A vaginal sample (with antibiogram)
- Serologies of chlamydiae, HIV, syphilis, hepatitis B and C
- Hysterosalpingography (HSG) to asses the fallopian tubes
- Pelvic and endovaginal ultrasound
- Hormonal assessment depending on the context: prolactin, FSH LH, Oestradiol
- Blood group test and an electrophoresis of hemoglobin
- Transfer test (to be performed at the clinic).
- Hysteroscopy (to be performed at the clinic).
For the partner:
- Semen analysis (spermogram) with culture and antibiogram
- Serologies of chlamydiae, syphilis, HIV, hepatitis B and C
- Blood group test, an electrophoresis of hemoglobin
- Hormonal dosages possibly